Learn UX Design from Don Norman
When it comes to preparing for the future of design, there’s no one better to guide you than the Godfather of UX.
The first person to hold a position that had “User Experience” in the title was Don Norman, who coined the now-ubiquitous term when he worked for Apple in the mid-90s. Norman’s 1988 book The Design of Everyday Things remains a sort of UX bible, touting iterative development and frictionless relationships between user and object.
So when it comes to preparing for the future of design, there’s no one better to guide you than him. IxDF is bringing you a treasure trove of never-seen-before, exclusive resources on designing for the 21st Century!
Here's what lined up for you;
📹 Videos by Don Norman about what it means to be a 21st Century designer
✍️ Articles and reading materials to help you put his advice into action
💡 Tips and strategies for designing a better future
🎓 A full-fledged course, with a certificate, by Don Norman – plus "Build Your Portfolio" projects.
- The Odin Project Full stack curriculum is free and supported by a passionate open source community.
- The UnSchool of Disruptive Change the world, bust through the negativity bias, activate your agency, build your purpose-driven career. Join the global movement of people disrupting the status quo for positive social and environmental change with the UnSchool Learning Lab for creative rebels and change makers.
- LearnUX.io A complete approach to learning UX & UI tools.
- Traversy Media Web development tutorials & courses
- Coursera Build skills with courses, certificates, and degrees online from world-class universities and companies.
- edX edX is the trusted platform for education and learning. Founded by Harvard and MIT, edX is home to more than 20 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world and industry-leading companies.
- Udemy Study any topic, anytime. Explore thousands of courses.
- UIE All You Can Learn Library The All You Can Learn Library contains hundreds of recorded seminars by experts in all things UX design. Over 378 seminars & more by experts in all things UX design.
- IBM | Enterprise Design Thinking Take design thinking courses, earn certifications, and bring your team along with you.
- List of 130+ free online courses When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When the world gives you COVID-19, find an online course.
- MOOC.org Mooc is an extension of edX, a leader in online courses. Whether you're interested in learning for yourself, leveraging online courses to educate your workforce or creating a MOOC, edX can help.
- The School of UX Short User Experience design courses with career advice by professional designers. In London and remotely.
- Code Academy From building websites to analyzing data, the choice is yours. Not sure where to start? They'll point you in the right direction.
- Design+Code Learn to design and code by building iOS and web apps. We have complete courses that teach UI design, mobile & web development using Figma, CSS, React Hooks and Xcode. Watch, download, gain certificates and check your progress all in one app. Join over 80,000 people who learned from Design+Code.