What is Core Value?
Brand values or core values are a set of moral principles that guide the decisions and the actions of your brand, just like people, just like you or I, we each have our principles in terms of what we deem is important to us in life. Maybe that's the way we treat other people or where we spend most of our time or who we spend most of our time with. These principles are part of our characters, part of what makes us individuals.
Core values are the fundamental beliefs and guiding principles of a company. A company’s core values can function as a kind of mission statement for the company, serving as common goals and guiding principles that inform company culture, product development, and the overall work environment.
1. Innovation – that makes a difference
2. Caring – maintain respectful relations with customers, partners, suppliers, Digimarc employees and communities
3. Loyalty – work collaboratively with Digimarc employees, partners, suppliers and customers to solve problems and achieve goals
4. Integrity – exhibit honesty and integrity at all times
5. Commitment – dedicated to the success of our customers, partners, Digimarc employees and shareholders
6. Knowledgeable – be experts in our fields
1. Champion the mission (by living the mission)
2. Be a Host
4. Every frame matters
5. Be a Cereal Entrepreneur
6. Embrace the adventure
- Agile – we need to be nimble, quick and flexible, thinking and acting differently
- Pioneering – we’re innovative, risk-taking self starters, building an industry legacy
- Ambitious – we have a trail-blazing and inquisitive culture where relentlessness and hunger are rewarded
- Responsible – we take individual and collective responsibility for our thoughts and actions
- Collaborative – we work together globally to deliver a consistent brand experience and partner together locally to provide the best client solution
- Be Great : We bring it! We have an unrelenting drive to be great. We reach for awesome results, take pride in high-quality work, and deliver amazing customer service.
- Authenticity : Our people are authentic and adhere to the highest level of ethics and integrity. We believe in doing what is right for our colleagues, customers, and shareholders, and we have the courage to address any issue in an honest and open manner.
- Transparency : We believe in transparency. We are committed to promoting open, two–way communication, so that every stakeholder knows here we stand and where we need to focus our energies to improve the company.
- Take Action : We take action! We won’t wait. “That’s not my job” is never uttered. We jump on opportunities or challenges and are never afraid of unexpected outcomes.
- Thought Leadership : We are passionate about thought leadership. As a go-to source for expertise in internet marketing, we like to turn confusion into understanding and complexity into a clear direction.
- Winning Together : Our people have ambition for shared success. Everyone contributes and everyone is valued. Winning together transcends all aspects of WordStream.
- Leadership — The courage to shape a better future.
- Collaboration — Leverage collective genius.
- Accountability — If it's to be, it's up to me.
- Passion — Committed in heart and mind.
- Diversity — As inclusive as our brands.
- Be Bold — Building great things means taking risks.
- Focus On Impact — Be good at finding the biggest problems to work on.
- Move Fast — Moving fast enables us to build more things and learn faster.
- Be Open — We believe that a more open world is a better world.
- Build Social Value — Focus every day on how to build real value for the world in everything we do.
1. Deliver WOW Through Service
2. Embrace and Drive Change
3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5. Pursue Growth and Learning
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8. Do More With Less
9. Be Passionate and Determined
10. Be Humble
- Freedom of Expression — People should be able to speak freely, share opinions and foster open dialogue.
- Freedom of Information — Everyone should have easy, and open access to information.
- Freedom of Opportunity — Everyone should have a chance to be discovered, build a business and succeed on their own terms.
- Freedom to Belong — Everyone should be able to find communities of support, and come together around shared interests and passions.
- Innovation — We believe technology can and should be a force for good.
- Diversity and inclusion — Different perspectives help us all to achieve more.
- Social Responsibility — We are committed to improving our world and reporting our progress.
- Trustworthy Computing — Security, Privacy, and Compliance are core tenets of how we empower organizations to serve their customers.
- Accessibility — Ensure people with physical limitations are not left out.
- Education — Provide educational solutions to schools across the United States.
- Environment — Build products that are safe for both the users and the environment.
- Inclusion and diversity — To create products that serve everyone, we believe in including everyone.
- Supplier responsibility — Hold suppliers and partners responsible for creating quality products for our users.
- Privacy — Offer the utmost security for the user. Privacy is a fundamental human right.
- Fanatical Support in all we do.
- Results first, substance over flash.
- Committed to Greatness.
- Full Disclosure and Transparency.
- Passion for our Work.
- Treat fellow Rackers like Friends and Family.
- Open company, no bullshit
- Build with heart and balance
- Don’t #@!% the customer
- Play, as a team
- Be the change you seek
- Employees : We respect diversity and support individual growth.
- Customers : We seek to be their valued and trusted partner.
- Business Partners : We build mutually beneficial relationships.
- Technology : We seek to create new value through innovation.
- Quality : We enhance the reputation of our customers and the reliability of social infrastructure.
- Leadership: Transform and encourage to build a better & sustainable future
- Collaboration: Leverage the power of collective thought
- Integrity: Be real and truthful Accountability: Make it your own task
- Passion: Committed in heart and mind
- Diversity: Keep it as inclusive & open as possible
- Quality: Promise yourself that you are the consumer
- Integrity : Do what’s right, the right way. Both the “what” and the “how” matter.
- Accountability : Take ownership. Create understanding and develop solutions by communicating with data and transparency
- Excellence : Exceed customer expectations through active engagement, relentless focus, and a passion for innovative solutions. Drive constant improvement in everything we do.
- Team Work : Engage. Have fun. Make others successful. Our strongest asset is the power of “we”.
- Results : Make an impact. Focus on what matters. Deliver on commitments.
- Our values of Integrity, Leadership, Innovation and Growth act as guiding principles that lead us to achieve our mission of enriching people’s lives through Count On Me! service, great destinations and memorable experiences.
We Put People First
“Take care of associates and they will take care of the customers.”
We Pursue Excellence
Our dedication to the customer shows in everything we do.
We Embrace Change
Innovation has always been part of the Marriott story.
We Act with Integrity
How we do business is as important as the business we do.
We Serve Our World
Our “spirit to serve” makes our company stronger.
2. The Best People
3. Client Value Creation
4. One Global Network
5. Respect for the Individual
- Teamwork : Teamwork is at the heart of how we operate. We take enormous pride in our one-firm approach, operating proactively and collaboratively across businesses and geographies to achieve the best possible results. We continually look to help one another and work together towards common goals. We know from experience that we can achieve much more collectively than any of us could individually. In keeping with this approach, every employee at the firm has an equity interest in KKR and shares in our success.
- Integrity : We conduct ourselves with integrity in everything we do. Our reputation — as individuals and as a firm — is paramount. Our word is our bond – “we say what we mean and we do what we say.” As a learning organization, we are self-critical — acknowledging our mistakes and trying always to learn from them.
- Relationship-Driven : People do business with people they like and trust. As a relationship-driven firm, we are deeply committed to building and sustaining long-term internal and external partnerships, grounded in trust and transparency. We know it takes years to build a strong partnership and reputation, while they can be ruined in just a few minutes. We seek continually to understand and align the interests of all stakeholders, and we treat everyone with fairness, compassion, and respect. We believe that “arrogance kills” and has no place at KKR.
- Accountability : We readily accept accountability for our actions, inactions and decisions, both individually and as a firm. We also embrace the implied responsibilities of our one-firm approach: the obligation to speak up and say what we think and to respect and listen to our colleagues. We have the institutional and personal fortitude to say “no,” even at the eleventh hour. We deliver on our commitments — to our stakeholders, our partners, and one another.
- Innovation : We are determined to be innovative: questioning accepted wisdom, creating new ideas, offering new approaches, and never resting on our laurels. We are self-starters with a willingness to take prudent risks and find creative solutions to our stakeholders’ needs. We work passionately to retain the entrepreneurial spirit that created our firm and to fight against organizational politics and bureaucracy.
- Excellence : We aspire to be the best at what we do and to lead by example. We set high personal and company standards, and then consistently try to exceed them. We attract self-motivated, highly capable, results-oriented people and invest heavily in their development. Our focus on impact and results creates a vibrant and meritocratic environment, directly linking individual performance with the firm’s success.
- Diversity : We see tremendous value in and are strongly committed to having a well-rounded, inclusive workplace – one that is reflective of the investors we serve, the companies and other stakeholders with whom we partner, and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We strive to attract, develop, retain, and promote the best possible talent – women and men of all ethnicities and sexual orientations. We believe a team comprised more fully of individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and insights will make us a stronger and more effective organization.
- Integrity : We believe that nothing is more important than our reputation, and behaving with the highest levels of integrity is fundamental to who we are. We demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainable, responsible business practices.
- Outstanding value to markets & clients : We play a critical role in helping both the capital markets and our member firm clients operate more effectively. We consider this role a privilege, and we know it requires constant vigilance and unrelenting commitment.
- Commitment to each other : We believe that our culture of borderless collegiality is a competitive advantage for us, and we go to great lengths to nurture it and preserve it. We go to extraordinary lengths to support our people.
- Strength from cultural diversity : Our member firm clients’ business challenges are complex and benefit from multidimensional thinking. We believe that working with people of different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles helps our people grow into better professionals and leaders.
- Teamwork — Delivering our very best in all we do, holding ourselves accountable for results.
- Integrity — Being present, connecting with transparency, dignity and respect.
- Respect for culture — Creating a culture of warmth and belonging, where everyone is welcome.
- Perseverance — Acting with courage, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
- Honesty — You can always recover from the truth.
- Responsibility — Own the outcome whether it's good or bad.
- Respect — Give people their dignity and earn others' respect.
- Humility — It's about the team. Never lose sight of those who helped along the way or those less fortunate in our communities.
1. We strive to minimize our negative impact on the environment.
2. We strive to show a deep respect for human beings inside and outside our company and for the communities in which they live.
3. We seek and support nonviolent ways to achieve peace and justice. We believe government resources are more productively used in meeting human needs than in building and maintaining weapons systems.
4. We strive to create economic opportunities for those who have been denied them and to advance new models of economic justice that are sustainable and replicable.
5. We support sustainable and safe methods of food production that reduce environmental degradation, maintain the productivity of the land over time, and support the economic viability of family farms and rural communities.
Authentic – be real, open and informal.
Committed – have the courage and standard for a better company, a better world, a better you.
Trusted – do the right thing. Build genuine relationships with our customers, stakeholders and each other.
Customer Focus & Long-Term View
We ensure we add value and inspire our customers because we recognise that they come to us by choice. We dare to lead with a focus beyond tomorrow and take opportunities to learn and grow.
Quality & Innovation
We do not compromise on quality. We relentlessly drive for better, fit-for-purpose solutions and breakthrough innovations.
Freedom & Responsibility
We have the freedom to take initiative and act decisively in the best interests of Tetra Pak and our customers. We take responsibility for our actions and contribute to the communities in which we operate.
Partnership & Fun
We respect and rely on one another and all our stakeholders for exceptional results. We enjoy working together and celebrating our achievements.
Protecting what’s important. Making people feel special. And taking pride in helping the world become a better place for all.
- World class production quality
- Achieving the ultimate goal of complete customer satisfaction
- Being seen as the best employer
- Fostering the spirit of teamwork
- Inculcating ethical and honest practices
Integrity & respect
Our foremost standards of conduct
Collaboration & trust
A culture of collaboration, trust and sharing of information
Confidence in each other to deliver the most creative and innovative services to our clients
Attract and develop the most talented professionals
Customer + Focus
Be closer to the customer’s world and their changing needs.
Our customers lead the business. We believe in sharing success through strong, long-term relationships with our customers, investors and partners. We work hard to exceed our customers’ expectations and deliver a better experience than our competitors.
Performance + Drive
Do what we say we will do and make things happen.
We have a determination to make things happen and be the best at what we do. We’re passionate about providing the highest quality product and service for our customers, investors and capital partners. It’s about getting on and getting it done – completing the transaction and then delivering the quality and value for our customers and partners.
Innovative + Dynamic
Be more creative in our thinking and more effective in our actions.
We’ve always tried to be different, a different approach to business, a different approach to customer service, a different attitude, a different culture. We’ll always believe in the importance of fresh thinking – in being green, not beige – and approaching things in new and different ways. “We call it Business outside the square”, and it’s central to who we are and what we stand for – it’s why our logo looks the way it does!
Open + Fair
Be adaptable and considerate in our dealings inside and outside our business.
We strongly believe in the concept of fairness – in creating value and in shared success. We believe in balancing the needs of our customers and investors with the needs of our company. We are transparent, honest and engaging. We don’t boast or brag – we show people, we don’t tell people. We work together to solve problems that need to be solved.
Team + Respect
Recognise the worth in each other and collaborate for better results.
We’re inclusive and collaborative. We treat people with respect. Everyone is important, everyone has something to offer and if we work together, collaborate and proactively share ideas, we’ll be more successful. Anyone who is willing to put their hand up to do things can add to our story and our success. We value diversity of views, ideas and culture.
1. Customer Service
1. Humbleness and willpower.
2. Leadership by example.
3. Daring to be different.
4. Togetherness and enthusiasm.
6. Constant desire for renewal.
7. Accept and delegate responsibility.
Belief is the cornerstone of empowering Associates to assume responsibilities and be the very best they can be. Believe in someone — and show it — and that person will move mountains to prove you’re right.
Integrity should be the hallmark of every Avon Associate. In setting and observing the highest ethical standards and doing the right thing, we fulfill a duty of care, not only to our Representatives and customers in the communities we serve, but to our colleagues and ourselves.
Respect helps us to value differences, to appreciate each person for her or his unique qualities. Through respect, we help bring out the full potential of each person.
Trust means we want to live and work in an environment where communications are open — where people feel free to take risks, to share their points of view and to speak the truth as they see it. Trust people to do the right thing — and help them to understand your underlying reasoning and philosophy — and they won’t disappoint.
Humility simply means we’re not always right — we don’t have all the answers — and we know it. We’re no less human than the people who work for us, and we’re not afraid to ask for help.
We take care of each other and we take care of our stakeholders
We build trust in our relationships through honest and ethical behaviour
We work together to make a difference
We respond to the needs of our communities and the environment
If there is a better way, we will find it together
As an industry-leading provider of high-value technical and management solutions, we are firmly committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in all our offices and on each of our projects.
We are committed to providing high-quality services and products. We meet the mutually agreed-to requirements the first time and strive for continuous improvement of our work processes.
We uphold our reputation for integrity in the marketplace and provide an ethical work environment for all our employees. We do the right thing each time we face a tough decision.
We pursue diversity in our workforce, our markets, and our services because we recognize that optimum solutions require different backgrounds, new perspectives, and open minds. We leverage diversity through inclusion of employees, empowering them to shape the future of the corporation through collaboration and innovation.
Through inventive processes and unique solutions, we provide unmatched value to our customers. We foster creative work environments where we always challenge ourselves to improve our processes and procedures.
In all that we do, we are conscious of the impact that our work has on the environment. We help our customers do the same by providing clean, efficient, healthy, and effective solutions on all of our projects.
We believe in honesty, openness, trust, respect and reliability in all we do.
We believe we must strive for excellence in everything we do.
We believe that innovations drive our future success.
We believe that by taking ownership and acting with commitment we will achieve sustainable success.
We believe that connecting people and working in global teams is crucial to achieving our ambitious goals.
We encourage people to experiment and take smart risks. Our aim is to foster creative thinking that leads to practical solutions to healthcare and business challenges.
Our focus on quality excellence includes continuously enhancing our standards, technology and training for our people.
We foster teamwork among our employees to swiftly and efficiently deliver innovative new products to patients and healthcare providers. This capitalizes on the diversity and creativity of our global staff.
Our people are known for their focus on results. We aim to reinforce that focus on personal and collective achievement, while maintaining high ethical standards.
We want our associates to speak out, challenge conventional thinking, and stand up for their ideas. We also want them to have the courage to do the right thing in the face of resistance or moral dilemmas.
You’ve addressed why core values are important, outlined how to get started defining the best company core values, and looked at high-quality examples. Now, it’s time to actually define what your core values are. How can you establish which ideals are most important for your company?
Let it all out. List a bunch of words or short phrases that describe the values that are important to you. Attributes that describe your brand culture. The things you stand for. Reasons why your target market would choose your business over others. At this point, we're not looking for quality just a free-flowing brainstorm of ideas that lead to other ideas. Keep going until you have a decent size list. Maybe 15-20 words
Cut out the noise. Trying to focus on too many values will dilute your message and lessens it's impact. Instead, highlight 2-4 of your strongest values that will act as the pillars of your brand. These values should describe what you actively stand for - what you believe in and practice now, rather than how you aspire to be or are reaching towards (this isn't your brand vision we're creating here)
A word on its own doesn’t say much. So, use a sentence or two to explain what each of your selected words/phrases really means for your business. If your brand values could also describe every other business in your industry, you need to dig a little deeper. Remember that the point of branding is differentiation.
Think of the ways you actually showcase your chosen values in what you do and the way you do it. If the brand values you’ve chosen are a true representation of what you genuinely stand for, they should already be naturally integrated into the way you run your business. This could be in how you approach customer-service, or the way you package your offers. List examples of how these values influence the way you choose to grow and develop your business and the way they impact the quality of the services you deliver. Your ideal clients likely share these same values. How do you make sure you’re meeting their expectations and delivering on your promises to them?
Don’t hide your brand values or simply throw them onto your website’s “about” page, never to be of any use to anyone. Your brand values are an important way to connect with your ideal clients and as such, should be front-and-centre of all your messaging. This means they should come through in the way your brand speaks. Phrase your values in a way that highlights the benefit to your clients. Instead of “time-efficient”, you can say you “I help save you hours of research”. Let your clients know how your values help them.
- Being the Best
- Making a Difference
- Personal Development
- Risk Taking