Mar 13, 2023 6:01 AM
A stakeholder kickoff is done at the beginning of a research project. During a stakeholder kickoff you invite the people that take part in this project, such as the PM and designer of a product team. During this meeting your focus is to gather as much information as needed to build a research plan. This kickoff will help kickstart your project. This is a template you can use for this.
🍽️ Table of contents
The following questions should be answered during the kickoff
- What are your goals with this project?
- Why is this project happening?
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- What do you hope to achieve by solving this?
- What are your needs?
- What do you think needs finding out?
- What would be the ideal results in this project?
- What is your timeline?
- What are your assumptions about this project
- What do you think the user needs?
- What do you think the user knows already?
- How do you think the user experiences the current product/feature?
- Who are the users in this project?
- User work role (what work role does your user have?)
- Business type (what category of business is the user in)
- Department Types (is there a specific department you're targeting?)
- Markets (is this specific for some markets or all?)
- Who are the stakeholders in this project?
- Who needs to be involved in this process?
- Who needs regular updating?
- Who is responsible for what?
- How does this project align with company/business goals?
- Which of the Customer Promises are connected to this project?
- Which of the business strategies are connected to this?
- Improving the Onboarding Experience
- Reducing Complexity & Increasing Efficiency
- Continuing Improvements for Growing Markets
- Supporting Sunsetting of Legacy Platforms
- What research / knowledge do you already possess on this topic?
- Where is the research that you have done beforehand?
- Who was responsible for this research?
- What do you know for a fact based on your own experience with the product/feature?
[facilitator 2 makes notes during the session. Do so here]
[add the link to the recording here]
The kickoff recording was transcribed and tagged using Dovetail:
[insert dovetail link]
Based on the kickoff and the analysis of the recording, the following outcomes were found. These will help build the research plan.